Duties & Responsibilities:
Installation of security gates / fencing Technical alarms and electric gate motors
Installing and maintaining CCTV systems.
To monitor, control and direct the activities of the installation and maintenance team/s to ensure that all the necessary related tasks and services for all relevant systems are completed smoothly and efficiently.
To install, commission, handover and maintain systems as per the manufacturer’s requirements, best practice and according to the company’s standard processes and procedures.
To ensure all work complies with the safety act and according to programme.
Inspection and Maintenance:
- Regular installation of equipment including wire ways, cabling, devices and programming.
- Fault finding and problem solving of equipment
- Inspection of equipment
- Interpret deviations recorded and rectify deviations
- Identify where quality and safety can be improved
- Participate in improvement programmes and initiatives
- Ensure care of equipment
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Grade 12 or technical qualification (e.g. N3).
- 2 or more years’ experience in relevant environment
- Trade certificate (certificate of competence) in related field.
- Relevant PSIRA registration.
- Relevant FDIA training an advantage.
- Valid driver’s Licence.
Current manufacturer training in relevant disciplines and on relevant systems (access control, audio, CCTV, communication, fire detection, fire suppression, IT/networking systems).
- Ability to address diverse technical and personal requests
- Knowledge of maintenance, fault finding and repairs of above systems
- Excellent planner
- Knowledge of general installation and commissioning of multiple systems related to access control
- Computer skills
Salary: Market Related