WayGard Blog Posts
ATM Safety tips
Once upon a time, we believed that flying cars and a cashless society were the future. We’ll probably be jetting up and down Rivonia Road long before cash is a thing of the past. With criminal activity on the increase at this time of year, ATM safety is a must.
Here are some reminders for you and your staff.
- Avoid withdrawing large amounts of cash. If possible, find alternatives to paying your workers in cash.
- Be aware of others around you. If you feel uncomfortable or suspect you may be targeted, rather delay your cash withdrawal until you’re in a safer environment.
- Never accept help from a stranger, and don’t allow yourself to be distracted when at the ATM.
- Don’t let someone phone your bank on your behalf to block your card – it could be a scam.
- If a staff member or family member is unfamiliar with using an ATM, accompany them so you can show them how.
- Only print a receipt if absolutely necessary.
- Be aware of your surroundings and make sure you are not followed. If you think you are being followed, find a security guard, or, if you are already in your vehicle, drive to the nearest police station.